The Asia FLLEX (Flow Liquid Liquid EXtraction) module is the flow chemistry equivalent of a separatory funnel. Operating continuously, this aqueous workup or extraction module initially mixes the organic product stream with an aqueous phase, then allows time for diffusion to occur before finally splitting the flow back to its constituent parts.
By using advanced membrane technology rather than gravity, the Asia FLLEX can separate two-phase mixtures that would be extremely difficult by typical techniques e.g. THF and an aqueous phase.
The Asia FLLEX can be manually controlled from its front panel or automated from a PC using the Asia Manager PC Software.
|Maximum organic/aqueous rate
|250 – 500 µL/min
|Glass, PTFE, PFA, and PEEK
|Cross membrane pressure range
|0 – 500 mbar
|BPR pressure range
|1 – 9 bar
|Input gas supply
|1 – 10 bar
Features and benefits
- Integrates aqueous workup immediately after synthesis and therefore reduces impurities from product degradation
- Unique – the only commercially available flow aqueous work up system at lab scale that allows precise control of cross membrane pressures required for exact separation
- Reduced emulsions compared to traditional separation funnels. Can form micro droplets which lead to difficult to separate emulsions, the FLLEX controls bubble size, reducing emulsion formation
- Rapid partitioning and phase separation
- Ideal for preparation of samples before sending to analysis e.g. via Sampler and Dilutor module
- Works with organic solvents that are either more or less dense than water, e.g. DCM, Ethylacetate