Syrris is a subsidiary of Asahi Glassplant UK Ltd. The term ‘Glass Solutions’ or ‘Asahi Glassplant’ or “AGI” or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Asahi Glassplant UK Ltd, 3 Anglian Business Park, Royston, SG8 5TW, United Kingdom. Registered in England, no. 4257809.
Any questions relating to Data Privacy with AGI or this Policy should be sent by email to [email protected], or by writing to DPO, Unit 3, Anglian Business Park, Orchard Road, Royston Herts SG8 5TW, United Kingdom. Alternatively, you can call our DPO, on +44 (1763) 242 555.
What personal Information is held
We may collect and process the following data from you:
- Information you consent to provide AGI that is required to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us, or potential contracts that may be in liaison between you and us.
- Information that you consent to provide by filling in forms on our website, meeting us at an event, or as part of any direct marketing or sales activities. This includes and is not limited to personal information about you such as your name, telephone number, geographical address/location, email address, and interests.
- Note: Clear consent information is supplied at point of collection to provide information on the use of data, and a record of the consent is taken at point of collection.
- If you contact us by telephone or in writing, we may keep a copy of your correspondence or communication.
If you have provided us with the personal data of another person, there is a clear requirement imposed by AGI for you to confirm that he/she consents to the processing of his/her personal data and that you have informed him/her of our identity as a Data Controller and the nature of the processing taking place. Records will be retained as evidence of this consent.
How will we use the information we hold about you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Performance of a contract – We use information held about you to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us, and to notify you about changes to our services.
Legitimate Interests – We use information held about you to provide you with information, products and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you if relevant to the products or services currently being supplied as part of a contract with AGI, or in relation to a previous contract with AGI whereby you are happy to continue to receive such information. We may also contact you after you have attended a webinar or registered an interest on our website or at an event, with information we feel may be of interest you. You can opt out at any time.
Consent (Direct Marketing) – We use information held about you to provide you with information on products and/or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. Where consent has been provided to AGI or one of our brands, it is a recognized right of the Data Subject that this consent can also be withdrawn. Should you wish to withdraw consent, you can opt out online, email [email protected], or write to DPO, Unit 3, Anglian Business Park, Orchard Road, Royston Herts SG8 5TW, United Kingdom. Alternatively, you can call our DPO, on +44 (1763) 242 555.
Sharing of personal data – We will not share your data with third parties for other marketing purposes unless we have your express consent to do so.
Where we have a partner or distributor that is better placed to serve you or has additional value to offer you, we will share your information with them to provide a better service or localized communications.
Your rights relating to Personal Data
You have the right to ask us to cease processing your personal data for marketing purposes. We will seek consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your data to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at [email protected] or you can choose to unsubscribe at any time.
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised at any time. AGI operates both a Data Subjects Rights procedure and a Subject Access Rights Procedure to ensure that all rights exercised by data subjects relating to personal data are managed appropriately.
Our website may contain links to and from websites of our strategic partner(s), distributors, or to related content and publications. These websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies.
Retention of your information
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any information collected from you is kept secure.
AGI operate a clear Retention policy and associated Retention Schedule to ensure personal data is kept only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which such information is used.
If any of your personal data changes, or if you have any questions about how we use data which relates to you, please contact us by email at [email protected]. We normally update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, strategic partner(s) or distributors, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
As part of our GDPR compliance obligations, we are duty bound to check when personal data may be shared with third parties to ensure that they apply the same level of control in terms of data protection.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply other agreements.
- to protect the rights, property or safety of AGI, our customers or others.
AGI has risk-assessed where personal information may be transferred outside the EEA. AGI will continue to monitor this in considering any 3rd party provider changes in the future. Should a requirement for data to be transferred outside of the EU, AGI will implement controls and safeguards to ensure that equal to or greater data protection measures are enforced, and records are retained to evidence this.
Effective Date: 09/17/2020
Applicable to the following Mobile Application:
Syrris Flow Chemistry Companion
Article 1 – DEFINITIONS:
- d) DATA CONTROLLER: Data Controller is the publisher, owner, and operator of the Mobile App and is the Party responsible for the collection of information described herein. Data Controller shall be referred to either by Data Controller’s name or “Data Controller,” as listed above. If Data Controller or Data Controller’s property shall be referred to through first-person pronouns, it shall be through the use of the following: us, we, our, ours, etc.
- f) PERSONAL DATA: “Personal DATA” means personal data and information that we obtain from you in connection with your use of the Mobile App that is capable of identifying you in any manner.
Article 2 – GENERAL INFORMATION:
We are committed to the protection of your privacy while you use our Mobile App.
Article 3 -CONTACT:
The Party responsible for the processing of your personal data is as follows: Syrris Ltd. The Data Controller may be contacted as follows:
part of Asahi Glassplant UK
3 Anglian Business Park
The Data Controller and operator of the Mobile App are one and the same.
Article 4 – LOCATION:
The location where the data processing activities take place is as follows:
3 Anglian Business Park
Article 5 – MODIFICATIONS AND REVISIONS:
Article 6 – THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE FROM YOU:
Depending on how you use our Mobile App, you will be subject to different types of Personal Data collected and different manners of collection:
- a) Unregistered users: If you are a passive user of the Mobile App and do not register at all, you may still be subject to certain passive data collection (“Passive Data Collection”). Such Passive Data Collection may include through cookies, as described below, IP address information, location information, and certain browser data, such as history and/or session information.
- b) All users: The Passive Data Collection that applies to Unregistered users shall also apply to all other users and/or visitors of our Mobile App.
- c) Related Entities: We may share your Personal Data, including Personal Data that identifies you personally, with any of our parent companies, subsidiary companies, affiliates or other trusted related entities.
- d) Email Marketing: You may be asked to provide certain Personal Data, such as your name and email address, for the purpose of receiving email marketing communications. This information will only be obtained through your voluntary disclosure and you will be asked to affirmatively opt-in to email marketing communications.
- e) User Experience: From time to time we may request information from you to assist us in improving our Mobile App, such as demographic information or your particular preferences.
- f) Combined or Aggregated Information: We may combine or aggregate some of your Personal Data in order to better serve you and to better enhance and update our Mobile App for your and other consumers’ use.
We may also share such aggregated information with others, but only if that aggregated information does not contain any Personal Data.
- g) Other Information: In addition to collecting the Personal Data as already described herein, we may also collect the following Personal Data: Full name, email address
Article 7 – THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE AUTOMATICALLY:
Cookies: We may collect information from you through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preferences) as well as through information that you volunteer to us (such as information that you provide during a registration process or at other times while using the Mobile App, as described above).
A cookie consists of a reduced set of data transferred to your browser from a web server and it can only be read by the server that made the transfer. This is not executable code and does not transmit viruses.
Technical cookies: Technical cookies, which can also sometimes be called HTML cookies, are used for navigation and to facilitate your access to and use of the site. They are necessary for the transmission of communications on the network or to supply services requested by you. The use of technical cookies allows the safe and efficient use of the site.
You can manage or request the general deactivation or cancelation of cookies through your browser. If you do this though, please be advised this action might slow down or prevent access to some parts of the site.
Cookies may also be retransmitted by an analytics or statistics provider to collect aggregated information on the number of users and how they visit the Mobile App. These are also considered technical cookies when they operate as described.
Temporary session cookies are deleted automatically at the end of the browsing session – these are mostly used to identify you and ensure that you don’t have to log in each time – whereas permanent cookies remain active longer than just one particular session.
Third-party cookies: We may also utilize third-party cookies, which are cookies sent by a third-party to your computer. Permanent cookies are often third-party cookies. The majority of third-party cookies consist of tracking cookies used to identify online behavior, understand interests and then customize advertising for users.
Third-party analytical cookies may also be installed. They are sent from the domains of the aforementioned third parties external to the site. Third-party analytical cookies are used to detect information on user behavior on our Mobile App. This place anonymously, in order to monitor the performance and improve the usability of the site. Third-party profiling cookies are used to create profiles relating to users, in order to propose advertising in line with the choices expressed by the users themselves.
Profiling cookies: We may also use profiling cookies, which are those that create profiles related to the user and are used in order to send advertising to the user’s browser.
When these types of cookies are used, we will receive your explicit consent.
Support in configuring your browser: You can manage cookies through the settings of your browser on your device. However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for this Mobile App.
For further information and support, you can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using:
– Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
– Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/
Log Data: Like all websites and mobile applications, this Mobile App also makes use of log files that store automatic information collected during user visits. The different types of log data could be as follows:
– internet protocol (IP) address;
– type of browser and device parameters used to connect to the Mobile App;
– name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP);
– date and time of visit;
– web page of origin of the user (referral) and exit;
– possibly the number of clicks.
The aforementioned information is processed in an automated form and collected in an exclusively aggregated manner in order to verify the correct functioning of the site, and for security reasons. This information will be processed according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
For security purposes (spam filters, firewalls, virus detection), the automatically recorded data may also possibly include Personal Data such as IP address, which could be used, in accordance with applicable laws, in order to block attempts at damage to the Mobile App or damage to other users, or in the case of harmful activities or crime. Such data are never used for the identification or profiling of the user, but only for the protection of the Mobile App and our users. Such information will be treated according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
Article 8 – HOW PERSONAL DATA IS STORED:
We use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal Data when appropriate. We ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction.
Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, is completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your Personal Data very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data.
Personal Data is stored throughout your relationship with us. We delete your Personal Data upon request for cancelation of your account or other general request for the deletion of data.
In the event of a breach of your Personal Data, you will be notified in a reasonable time frame, but in no event later than two weeks, and we will follow all applicable laws regarding such breach.
Article 9 – PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA:
We primarily use your Personal Data to help us provide a better experience for you on our Mobile App and to provide you the services and/or information you may have requested, such as use of our Mobile App.
Information that does not identify you personally, but that may assist in providing us broad overviews of our customer base, will be used for market research or marketing efforts. Such information may include, but is not limited to, interests based on your cookies.
Personal Data that may be considering identifying may be used for the following:
- a) Improving your personal user experience
- b) Marketing and advertising to you, including via email
- c) Providing customer service to you
- d) Advising you about updates to the Mobile App or related Items
Article 10 – DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA:
Although our policy is to maintain the privacy of your Personal Data as described herein, we may disclose your Personal Data if we believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
- a) To satisfy any local, state, or Federal laws or regulations
- b) To respond to requests, such discovery, criminal, civil, or administrative process, subpoenas, court orders, or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies
- d) As may be necessary for the operation of our Mobile App
- e) To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation about our users
- f) If we suspect any fraudulent activity on our Mobile App or if we have noticed any activity which may violate our terms or other applicable rules
Article 11 – OPTING OUT OF TRANSMITTALS FROM US:
From time to time, we may send you informational or marketing communications related to our Mobile App such as announcements or other information. If you wish to opt-out of such communications, you may contact the following email: [email protected]. You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications.
Please be advised that even though you may opt-out of such communications, you may still receive information from us that is specifically about your use of our Mobile App or about your account with us.
By providing any Personal Data to us, or by using our Mobile App in any manner, you have created a commercial relationship with us. As such, you agree that any email sent from us or third-party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered SPAM, as that term is legally defined.
Article 12 – MODIFYING, DELETING, AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION:
If you wish to modify or delete any information we may have about you, or you wish to simply access any information we have about you, you may reach out to us at the following email address: [email protected].
Article 13 – ACCEPTANCE OF RISK:
Article 14 – YOUR RIGHTS:
You have many rights in relation to your Personal Data. Specifically, your rights are as follows:
– the right to be informed about the processing of your Personal Dat
– the right to have access to your Personal Data
– the right to update and/or correct your Personal Data
– the right to portability of your Personal Data
– the right to oppose or limit the processing of your Personal Data
– the right to request that we stop processing and delete your Personal Data
– the right to block any Personal Data processing in violation of any applicable law
– the right to launch a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in the United States or applicable data protection authority in another jurisdiction
Article 15 – CONTACT INFORMATION: